Wednesday 24 December 2014

Sound Short Film

As I decided that I would not have any dialogue in the short film it was easier for me to mute all of the clips so there was no diegetic sound in them. I found that it was hard to try and create my own music for the short film so I decided that I would find my own music to use in the background. I was watching a youtube video in which I heard some music which I liked, luckily they had listed the artist in the description box so I researched them. I found that they had a sound cloud and that I was able to find her music for free. Therefore I decided to download one song called The Falling, this was only a minute and  a half however so I would have to replay the song. It would work though as there is only one verse and this goes well with story behind it as the lyrics say that they have lost something which she has. I have put the song over the title to create a sound bridge, the song then lowers in volume when my voiceover comes in.

I recorded my voice in addition to the music and this is only in certain places in the short film. I created a script in which I read from I did try to pick the best places to record my voice so it works well however this was harder to do as I couldn't quite get to grips how it counted down before hand so I did have to rerecord some of the voiceovers. I am glad that I didn't do it all in one take as I think that it would have gone wrong and then I would loose a lot of time. 

Overall I think the sound works well for the short film, although I do not have any special sound effects it's ok as the music has a particular style and as most of the shots are indoors it would be hard to find different effects that are realistic to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment