Tuesday 9 December 2014

REECE

I needed to do a very detailed REECE for my short film as the different locations had very different aspects that could harm my actors. It will allow me to see what things could be dangerous and how I would need to change them to make it ok to film in. I have a various locations from indoors to outside so I will have to do a REECE on all of them and also the different technological things I will need to check to make sure they are safe. As I am indoors for most of the time it will be easier to do a Reece as there will not be as many restrictions and dangers, also as I am filming in my friends house she can tell me what it the best thing to use or if there are any dangers. 


Firstly where most of the filming was done was in the bedroom, there are some photos on the left which was where the filming took place. As you can see the space is rather small as I took the photos in the doorway of the bedroom. Therefore I will have to be careful when filming close up as there is not a lot of room for more than one person so I will have to make sure there are no obstacles in the way. Also as the storyline states the girl is rather messy so the room has to look a bit cluttered therefore there could be things on the floor that people could trip over. I also need to look at the different spaces available to put the camera in the room. 

I need to make sure that all the wires for anything are out of the way so that I can make sure that there aren't any trip hazards, as my camera is battery operated I do not have any wires that this needs to be plugged in. However I wanted a light in the room to make the lighting look a bit brighter so I will have to be careful with this wire and I will have to celotape it down to the floor so nobody trips over it.

When outside I will have to look at the different types of flooring as my tripod will have to be placed on it so it can not be uneven because then it might fall and my camera could possibly break. If there is uneven flooring I will have to tell my actors so they can avoid it as I don't want them to trip.

I will have to have a look at the weather before hand so I can see if the conditions are ok to film in. As it is getting darker at night I will have to make sure the lighting is ok so my continuity editing will be ok. Also the temperature could be an issue, although most of the filming is indoors I will have to make sure that they are wearing appropriate clothing for the heat. I don't want them standing around whilst I sort out the camera for the next shot so I will make sure I am filming close to somewhere that they can stand in the warm if it is cold. 

This REECE will help me look at the different aspects of danger whilst filming and allow me to change anything that could be a possible hazard. I will talk through the hazards and dangers of each location with my actors to make sure that they have got a rough idea of what to do incase any thing goes wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment