Tuesday 11 November 2014

Research into castaway on the moon

Castaway On The Moon was a film that inspired my short film, I have decided that I will need to research this film more as people might think that it is odd to have a film from a different country. I watched this a couple of years ago with my brother who had currently lived in South Korea and I asked how the different media in Korea were. He offered to watch this with me as he suggested that I would like it, and I did.

After failing to kill himself by jumping off a bridge, the man is washed up on a sedated island in the middle of the river, but within view of the city's high-rises. He attempts to escape, but soon accepts his fate and the challenges in living on the island. A reclusive young woman, who takes close-up shots of the moon and has not left her apartment in years, spies him on the island and comes to think of him as her own alien.

When it came to thinking about different ideas for short films I thought it would be easier to use influences from feature length films. The only international film I have seen is this so it always sticks in my mind, the different story lines in the film are very clever and choosing one to be similar to my short film was hard but I think that it makes a very good short film.

The isolated girl in the film was a part that I thought I could adapt to make it work for my own short film, the only issue is as they are a high budget film the set is able to portray her life and her lonely way of living. As I do not have a lot of money to spend I will have to try and adapt the storyline through the use of camera angles and editing as it is hard for me to dress the room in such a way that they did.

I will most likely watch the film again so I can have a look at the room and the short clips that allows the story to come together so I have a better idea of how to edit the short film. 

Below is the trailer so you have an idea of what the film is like and a clip of the female protagonist which I am looking at.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment