Friday 31 October 2014

short film titles

A short film must always have a name so people can gain a little bit of information from it, most of the short film titles I have researched only have 1 name so I thought that maybe that was a stereotype however I couldn't really think of a multitude of one word titles that would fit for my short film. 
I had a few options for my short film title so it was difficult for me to decide on which one I wanted to use. Therefore I asked my audience and gained some feedback, the title that had the most votes I would then use for my front cover and in my short film. There was 4 different options, 3 were quite similar so some found it hard to choose but overall the title with the most votes was Through my eyes. The others that they could choose from were: 
Prism,
From the outside looking in,
Through the lens,
Through my eyes.

I also showed them the draft of my front page with that title on and they said that the amount of words worked well because of the positioning. In addition as the picture was of the protagonists eyes the title worked well. When I shared the plot to them they thought that Through the lens which was the second popular didn't work well for the short film as the character is quite shy so she probably wouldn't be talking directly to the camera/lens. 
As the short film is about how the cousin is always there even though she does not know it   it can also work as the cousin is seeing her 'Through her eyes.' As well as the main protagonist seeing her life the way it is 'Through her eyes'. I am pleased with this option and I will work with it now when filming my short film so I can try and get the title across. 




No comments:

Post a Comment