Thursday 16 October 2014

Timetable for my filming

A timetable is key to any production of any type of filming, you need to not only know what to film but WHEN to film. When I planned my prelim task I created a timetable so it would help me to achieve something that is easily understandable, a timetable allows you to film scenes within a time limit so you don't have the stress of when it comes to film without any idea of when and where you are going. I have researched the different types of timetables that would work for me as I only have a specific amount of time to film in. As my main character who I am filming only lives 5 minutes away from me and she also goes to the same school it is perfect to film her. As I can travel to and from the two locations easily I will have to think at what points in the day I want to film in these certain areas. As it is a day to day life of her and the character is quite gloomy it would be good to do it in the evening this will also make my shots look the same as it will have the same lighting. Also as the character does not want to be seen it will work better. The only thing is that as it is a day to day life video it will have to be during different types of the day. All of the filming will have to be done by october half term so I can then have plenty of time to edit however with other attributes to my weekly planner such as work I will not be able to film at the weekend. When looking at other a level students timetables they have worked during lesson and allowed them self to film, luckily for me I have a triple lesson where I am allowed to film so I will have the opportunity to go and look at the different locations. Underneath is a students timetable for their filming for their short film, they have decided to film on 5 different days in 3 different locations whereas I will only be filming on a maximum of 3 days. Firstly I will need to think of the different mise on scene that I need to include like her costume and different props in her house, this will need to be included in my timetable as I will need to think of when I need to take the equipment out like the camera and tripod as well as thinking about the different props that I will need to buy for the filming. As the bedroom has a lot of different things that could be included I need to think about the continuity of the different shots and make sure that everything that was there in the first place it put back in the same spot. 

Below is an example of a students timetable which has helped me find out the best way to structure my own. They have managed to do this online and have also added information about the different locations and what they are filming. I have not done this as I have done a storyboard that has this in so I can put a bit more detail in it and therefore will give me more of an understanding of what I am going to film. They have also said that they are doing most of it in lesson time where I will do it more in my free time as I can then leave the editing to school as I have the macs which are better for me to use.



Here is my timetable which in it has my filming schedule. I will start on wednesday 8th October where I can sort out my equipment I need, last time I took my camera but it ran out of battery so I just took the photos on my phone which worked but I think they would be better quality, therefore I will make sure I have enough batteries for my camera before committing to filming. Also when I looked around the place that I was going to film it was quite a small room therefore I needed to think of making my equipment limited and I will only use the tripod if I desperately need it. 
On the friday that week I looked at the locations that I was going to film and took some photos in which I could do my REECE about, I must make sure that all of the locations are safe and that it is the best place to film, the lighting is good and if I am allowed to film there. I decided that when I was storyboarding I wanted to start my film with some old pictures of my actress whilst growing up, therefore I needed to look through some pictures. Luckily my friend didn't mind me looking through her photos so I was able to pick the best ones, as I looked through I found that most of them were with her cousin which made me think about my storyline and what could happen. (I picked 10 all together.) On the friday that week I looked at the locations that I was going to film and took some photos in which I could do my REECE about. On the following Monday I started filming the opening scenes to the film and uploaded the footage to my macbook at home to see how they turned out, unfortunately though some of the footage was rather dark and it was hard to see the actress so I needed to re-film on a different idea. On the tuesday I decided to start editing and filmed again to make sure that the bit that was dark was then ok. 
I have yet to start the other part of the timetable but I will definitely try to stick to it, however I talked to my actress and during the school holidays she is going to London so therefore I will not be able to film her therefore I might need to change the timetable and make it fit around her but it should be ok. I decided to use her as she lives close so I am easily assessable and can ring her if I want to film so I might actually film on some other days as well just to make sure that it is up to scratch. Once I have filmed Noel I will probably have to talk to my other actress to see if she is available to film with her for a short period of time. When I created this timetable however I did not talk to her as she was in between looking for a job, now she has one it will be easier to film her especially as the short film is quite eery the late nights will help with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment