Friday 30 January 2015

Why?

I thought that I would make a brief overview of why I chose certain things for all of my ancillary tasks, I have uploaded them all: Final short film, poster and double page spread and have not said anything about them on the post because they are my final pieces.

Final short film:
I decided to create my short film about a young girl who has a difficult time to get over her cousins death, I have already created a short blog post about my idea and a synopsis of what happened. The short film starts with a longer than normal opening sequence, I decided to start with photos as having only one character that uses dialogue has its limitations to filming therefore to make it over 5 minutes I decided that having a longer start will make it more engaging. I also decided that the pictures will give a small snippet of the past and makes it easier for the audience to follow. In addition the title is simplistic and how it fades could possibly connote the death of the girl and how she faded away from the family. The short snippets of video inside show how she is living without her and the different edition techniques used will also help to convey how she is alone such as the iris and the fade to black. I decided that I would have a small snippet of video showing how she wishes her life to be, to create this I decided to use the fade to white to create a dreamlike effect. In addition I used this when she walks outside to show how she is in a dreamlike state, the white could also connote her innocence. Some of the shots are slowed down to contribute to the fact that she is upset and could possibly show the connection that she had with her cousin. I decided that I would go back to the beginning as her life is repetitive, also I didn't really want to have a happy ending like the fairytales I wanted to show how she is still sorrow and although she dreams it never really happens.

Final Poster:
I decided that I would have a boarder around the photo of the girl as the photo stretched would not stretch and I knew that I wanted to use the exact same photo as what I did for my short film. The still image shows a zoomed in picture of the protagonist and her eyes, this was well fitting as the title was "Through my eyes" therefore it fits very well. In addition I choose to use a white font as it was simplistic and followed the house style. I also didn't follow a conventional billing block as the writing was not thin and squished together like a conventional one, mine was quite simple with the names written on each line, I did try a conventional billing block however it looked particularly bold and makes it look quite clunky.

Final Double Page Spread:
This was one of my favourite pieces of works as I think it looks the most professional, the way that the colour scheme works and the fact that there are simple snippets of the short film in pictures also works well. I decided that I would stick with the black and white theme however it would be boring with only these colours so I thought that I would bring in a green as it was eye popping and went with one of my chosen pictures. There was three pictures that I chose one was of the title, another was of an early picture and the final was the ending scene, they were all very clear and therefore I decided to use these three. The way that they were placed makes the spread engaging and overlapping them makes it a more modern way of producing it. Having the stars on the side allowed the audience to see how well reviewed the short film was, also having a small quote underneath made sure that they got a glimpse of the sort of dialogue in the film. Having two different colours of green made it easy to navigate and see what had been written by the interviewer and what was written by the producer of the film. In addition the small parts of information that I have at the bottom of the page is also good as it allows the audience to follow up on the film and find out a bit more information about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment