Friday 15 August 2014

Questionnaire about the prelim task

I have asked 8 questions to 7 people about the short film that I have produced. I have ask them what they liked and disliked about it and how I could make it better, this will allow me to gain some personal opinion on my editing techniques and also will allow me to change the way I have done something for my main task. In addition if they didn't like something that I wanted to put in my main film then I can change it as it has to appeal to my target audience. As I have not yet decided on the type of film that I will create and therefore do not know my target audience I have asked people of different genders and ages to see what they feel about my short film.

1. What are your first impressions?

Neil- I like it you can see that you have spent a lot of time on it
Lesley- It is really good but I'm not sure what it's for
Bethan- I think it's really funny
Matt- I really enjoyed it and found it entertaining
Harriet- Although it didn't work at the start I throughly enjoyed it
Tilly- I really liked the unseen clips at the end
Noel- The music makes it really entertaining

2. What do you think it is about and is it clear?

Neil- A short film about a drama teacher and I think it was although the editing could be smoother
Lesley- A day in the life of video and it is really clear
Bethan- A drama teacher and the title helped me understand it
Matt- It was really clear
Harriet- I could understand what was going on about the drama teacher
Tilly- yes I understood the film about a drama teacher
Noel- The title told me and it was clear

3. Did you enjoy the short film?

Neil- I loved it I want to create something like that
Lesley- I really enjoyed it it made me laugh
Bethan- I want to watch it again please
Matt-Yeah it made me laugh, it was good
Harriet- Yes I enjoyed it
Tilly-Yeah it was good I liked it
Noel- Yes I really liked it

4. What didn't you like?

Neil- The bit with Shakespeare it seemed irrelevant as I don't think a drama teacher will do that everyday
Lesley- The music at the start seemed to not fit the scenario
Bethan-Nothing I enjoyed it as it was
Matt- The walking through the corridor was too long and I think you could either speed it up or make it shorted
Harriet- Nothing I liked it
Tilly- I liked it all you shouldn't change anything
Noel- Nothing I enjoyed it

5. What did you like?

Neil- The beginning bit with the door was funny
Lesley- All of it it was funny and well put together
Bethan- The unseen clips at the end
Matt-The singing part was funny
Harriet- The door with the different costumes was hilarious
Tilly- The end when she says thank you to the audience
Noel- All of it

6. What could be improved?

Neil- Take more time on it to make sure the finer details are focused on more
Lesley- Add a bit more dialogue
Bethan- Nothing I liked it as it is
Matt- The end section seemed a bit rushed I would like to see more of the unseen clips as they were good
Harriet- The quality of picture was average maybe it could be better
Tilly- The beginning bit was a bit long the title should be short and snappy
Noel- The credits at the end were long and the music seemed to end short of the credits but that might be because you ran out of time

7. What did you think about the editing?

Neil- It could of been smoother but it was good for a first attempt
Lesley- There was a lot of variety which made it more enjoyable
Bethan- There could be a few more transitions or the music could be different in stead of having the same throughout
Matt- I thought it looks really professional and I wouldn't change anything
Harriet- I really liked it and to be honest I didn't really look at that
Tilly- I thought the transitions were really good and that you could have maybe added another to make it different
Noel- I really liked the editing it looked like you spent a lot of time and effort and it shows

8. If you wanted to change anything what would it be?

Neil- I would possibly change the order
Lesley- I would take a part out to make it not as long
Bethan- I wouldn't change anything as I liked it how it is
Matt- For your first attempt I thought it was good and I wouldn't change anything
Harriet- I would probably add some dialogue as I didn't really hear her voice very well
Tilly- I wouldn't change anything I liked it
Noel- Probably add a bit more dialogue

Overall I think people enjoyed it and they thought that it was good for my first attempt even if they did have things that they wanted to change. I will defiantly take into consideration about their opinions as they count and maybe change the things that they didn't really like. When creating my short film I will make quite a few drafts and then change it whilst considering peoples feedback however I will have to think about my target audience for my short film.

No comments:

Post a Comment