Monday 30 June 2014

Film Genres

Films must all be different otherwise people will get bored of seeing the same sort of film, this then leads to the different genres of film. When films were first made they were not spectacular as they only just found out how to create them therefore genres were not as advanced in those days. When thinking about a short film there must be a specific genre that I will think about to make it easier to understand especially as it will only be 5 minutes long. 
Below are the genres in which I will pick from:
-action
-adventure
-romance
-chick flick
-sci-fi
-horror
-animation/children
-thriller
-fantasy
-historical
-book adaptation
-western
-documentary
-crime
-bollywood

It is often difficult to identify a particular genre for a movie because it may contain elements reflecting different genres. When creating my short film I will probably choose a Film genre that is suitable for both a male and female fan base as it will be easier to compose. For example if I choose the genre romance then it will only be stereotypically watched by females but if I choose action then both will watch so it will be more appropriate, however I will try to produce a film with two or more genres to make it more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment